The Washington State Chapter appeals to local Sierra Club members every Spring to help support environmental activism in our home state. As a member of the Sierra Club, most of your dues go to support nation-wide projects. When you make a donation to the Washington State Chapter, every dollar stays right here at home. These contributions really do make a difference and are an important part of your Chapter’s budget. Help advance our work to protect the state’s natural environment and promote healthy, sustainable ecosystems.
Your contribution the Washington State Chapter will work toward:
- U.S. House Passage of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Addition: This will add 22,000 acres to the Alpine Lake Wilderness and designate 37 miles of Wild & Scenic Rivers on the Snoqualmie and Pratt Rivers.
- A Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions: We have several ongoing suits challenging regional agencies to show adequate progress toward state goals for greenhouse gas emission reduction.
- A Coal-Free Future: the environmental community, state officials, and TransAlta came to agreement on the shutdown of Washington’s last remaining coal plant. The bill passed the State Senate 36-13 with strong bipartisan support.
- Sustainable and Equitable Transit Funding: Transit agencies are in crisis. Insufficient funding is leading to more and more service cuts, while the need for sustainable transportation options grows. The Washington State Chapter will work to ensure that any transportation funding package complies with climate pollution limits and VMT goals and creates sustainable transit funding.
- Clean Water: Each year millions of gallons of petroleum pollute our lakes, rivers and marine waters through toxic oil runoff from our state’s roads and cities, a serious threat to our health and environment. The Stormwater bill would mandate that oil companies, who profit from the pollution, put Washington back to work and provide a cleaner environment that we’ll be proud of for generations.
Join us today in our work to keep our state healthy and beautiful for generations to come. Every dollar you contribute through this page will work for the Sierra Club right here in Washington.
The Sierra Club can lead the fight against global warming, preserve forests and protect clean air and water. But we can only do it with your help.
Thank you for supporting your local chapter of the Sierra Club. As a volunteer powered organization, your donation is complimented by countless hours of pro-bono support from men and women across the state of Washington. While every dollar helps we hope you’ll consider joining our Washington Legacy Council today!
The Washington Legacy Council is one way the Washington State Chapter honors the generosity of donor’s who give $250 or more. Doing so not only helps us deliver wins for the environment but, as a member of the Washington Legacy Council, gives you a better way to connect with the Sierra Club. As a member of the Washington Legacy Council you will receive special quarterly updates from the Board Chair, our Lobbyist, and others. You’ll also receive invitations to special events we host just for you. Of course, if you just want to support us from afar that’s wonderful but we hope you’ll take the time to get to know us better. After all, it’s the people that make the Washington State Chapter so effective and fun!